Monday, December 14, 2015

Hello Dearest Mother the Secretary...


The phone rang in the hall and Maggie went clamoring to it like she normally does.  I think her hearing is keen enough where she can tell if a family member or pack member is on the other end.

"What are you doing?" my mother asked upon my saying hello.

Maggie was standing beside me wildly wagging her tail when she heard The Secretary's voice.

"I am biding my time till dad gets here and we can do some grocery shopping," I replied. "I am dying for something sweet to eat. I am also about beside myself for a freezing cold glass of sweet milk as well."

"Your daddy cooked chicken and noodles for supper and it was delicious," mom said. "He is bringing you the leftovers."

I exclaimed how awesome that was.  This night is starting to look up from a dismal beginning full of anxiety and self-loathing.  Mom went on to ask me what I was getting at the grocery store.

"Get what you need and don't worry about making your father wait," mom told me. "He says you try to hurry too much and don't get what you need."

"I've got it all planned out and I know exactly what I want and where it is inside Kroger. The only variable I don't know is Manwich sauce.  I am going to have to hunt for it. It should be near the canned chili."

image credit:  https://cozycaravan.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/lets-get-crazy-pop-tart-addition/
image credit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2lvodm/poptarts_anyone_gallon_of_milk_for_size_comparison/

No comments: