Sunday, December 20, 2015

How in this Huge Old Galaxy Did We Happen to Meet?


Too bad they never look that tidy and delicious in real life -------------------------------->

I woke up at a very late for me 9:30 am and realized Charlie was coming this morning with breakfast.  I hurriedly dressed and put on a baseball cap to hide my Medusa-like hair.  I checked my front stoop to see if I missed Charlie and if he had put the food by the front door.

Charlie pulled up in front of my house at 10 am sharp as Maggie went nuts at his arrival.  He was running very late this morning. Now dressed, I hurried out to his car so he wouldn't have to walk all the way across my yard to my front door. Maggie barked excitedly from the other side of my screen door.

"Merry Damn Christmas," Charlie said sarcastically as he rolled down the window of his car. .

I started to choke back a laugh.

"How in this hell hole of a town did we happen to meet?" I replied sarcastically trying not to laugh so much.

I said it very, very sarcastically.

"Hell, I don't know," Charlie said with further sarcasm. "Here are your damn biscuits and a coke!"

"Love you and thank you!" I told Charlie now seriously and he pulled away from the curb after telling me he loved me back.

I was still smiling as I walked back into my house.  I am sure Charlie was smiling as well as he drove down my street to Mainstreet. Charlie had brought two bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits, a hashbrown, and an ex-large Coke.


3 comments:

glittermom said...

Have you ever been to Muscle Shouls Alabama? Watched a show on PBS about a famous recording studio there...

Andrew said...

Glittermom,

I've never been to Muscle Shoals, but I've been to Huntsville which is its sister city. I will have to look up that recording studio and find out more about it.

Unknown said...

It's where the band 'Alabama' is from. They have a big deal there.