Monday, December 21, 2015

We, Maggie and I, Bring You Tidings of Great Joy...


Maggie and I slept until 10 am this morning after going to bed at 10 pm last night.  That got us a solid 12 hours of sleep and Maggie and I were both very pleased.   Maggie is already back in the bed, by the way.  It is so nice getting some good sleep and rest these days.  Dad says I've been like a different person lately.  I am less agitated and nervous all the time.

I stepped outside to get the mail and my neighbor was putting a sack of empty Corona bottles in the trashcan.

"Merry Christmas!" he  told me jovially.

"Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, too, sir!" I replied.

He told me he was going to get himself and I a fruitcake for Christmas.  I love the stuff.  Fruitcake gets an undeserved bad reputation.  Now, I've got to think of something to bring my neighbor when I go to the grocery store tonight.  I was thinking of some bags of assorted Chex mix to eat while he drinks his beer. That's what Joyce brought me when I first moved into this house as a house warming gift and I appreciated it.

image credit:  http://www.catholicvote.org/24-reasons-you-should-stop-hating-fruitcake/


image credit:  http://www.kitchenfrau.com/a-canadian-christmas-gumdrop-fruitcake-an-old-prairie-recipe-gluten-free-version-too/

1 comment:

Rita said...

The first time I ate fruitcake I got my first migraine. No fruitcake for me.

Rita