Sunday, December 13, 2015

"Charlie's Here!"

Traditional Fried Alaskan Pollack and Pommes Frites.
"Charlie's here!"  That's what I hollered when Charlie pulled his car to a halt at my curb.  Maggie came flying off the bed like a bat out of hell.  As soon as she looked out the window to confirm it was really Charlie's car, she started to bark loudly and jubilantly.  Charlie is her favorite pack member.

This morning Charlie brought me two bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits, a hashbrown, and a large orange juice.  I was starving and I wolfed both biscuits down without giving Maggie a bite.  Maggie defeatedly put her tail between her legs and slowly headed back to the bedroom when she saw me eat the last bite of biscuit.  I felt so terrible as Maggie looked so dejected that I got in the kitchen and cooked Maggie two more plain eggs in the microwave. Everything was good as gold then.

If you know the routine, then you know tonight is Sunday night fried chicken.  Mom will call me this afternoon and ask me what I want tonight.  I would love another 3pc fried fish platter from Captain D's. I am going to cross my fingers and hold my breath that Charlie and my father don't mind me getting Captain D's again. I love to eat my fish and chips with the British tradition of malt vinegar. Captain D's is the closest thing to fish and chips this side of the great divide or just across the pond as the British say.

Image Credit:  http://thefoodosaurus.blogspot.com/2015/06/history-behind-fish-chips.html

No comments: