Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

78404787I’ve been pretty nice except for last week when I knocked on my own door just to see Maggie come clamoring for visitors.  I shouldn’t cry wolf like that, but it made me smile. Yes, it was sadistic and no, I don’t do that all the time. 

Christmas is coming and it is my favorite time of the year.  Yards and homes are lit in festive lights and decorations.  Elaborate wreaths are hanging from doors, and then there is the 100 pound behemoth that is my parent’s artificial Christmas tree.  Yes, we got the tree up this afternoon and it looks beautiful.  Dad and I both struggled, the old men we are, to get it out of storage in the basement and up all the stairs to the front living room. 

The Secretary’s job was to hang the ornaments. Dad kept calling her Santa’s little helper which tickled my funny bone.

“At that rate, Martha, it will be tomorrow before you get all the ornaments on,” my father said jokingly. 

“Oh, shut up, Johnny,” my mother replied with a guffaw.  

As I was leaving, dad asked me if I was okay.  I seemed out of sorts.

“My mind is racing at 100mph,” I told my father rather frantically. “I got excited about the tree.  I just want to go home and lay down.”

“It was that Strattera,” he said. “I knew we shouldn’t have given it to you.”

We went ahead and took my medications for the day.  Hopefully 4mg of Klonopin will slow me down as it should.

We will get my Christmas tree this weekend at Ponder’s Plant Nursery as I prefer a live tree and the accompanying cedar scent that permeates the house. I’ve already put lights around all the windows in the front of the house, though. I like to go stand out in the front yard and admire them at dark fall.  

photo credit:  http://www.oldmillcommunity.com/announcements/christmas-tree-pick-ups-the-first-two-weeks-in-january/

2 comments:

glittermom said...

You should have given us a picture of the real tree your parents have.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Wouldn't your doctor know better than your father what medication you should take? It seemed to me you found them helpful and enjoyable.

PipeTobacco