Wednesday, December 09, 2015

This Beautiful View…

milky-way-echinopsis-atacamensis12360056_1065932176790592_556779943290192245_nIt is early morning and no one is awake except I am stirring – burning the midnight oil as the old saying goes.  My sleeping habits are still not 100% having woken up at 3am wide awake.  Facebook is like a ghost town at this ungodly hour. In regards to Facebook, I have trouble deciding what’s appropriate to share and not to share.  I am always worried I am stepping on somebody’s toes. This kind of inappropriate behavior gives people with mental illnesses a bad name.

Bacon and cheese biscuits were breakfast du jour.  These White Lily frozen biscuits are pretty passable, but dad’s mom is still rolling in her grave.  She could have a pan of homemade biscuits in the oven in 15 minutes tops. Also, don’t you just love the way frying bacon makes the house smell? It tends to linger for hours…

It’s a dark night and a few hours ago I spread an old quilt out in the backyard to lay down on my back and gaze at the stars with my binoculars.  It was a beautiful view.  I always wonder if some being or extraterrestrial is looking back.  Maggie thought this was the grandest thing to do except we both got cold and headed back inside after about 30 minutes of gazing.

We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ TV!

Dad asked me to tune the television to The Weather Channel last night during the medication ritual. He said it was supposed to be warm on Christmas day here. So much for our snow I said.

“The television is not hooked up,” I told my father as I almost winced.

“What do you mean your television isn’t hooked up?” dad asked mystified. 

“I don’t watch television and I needed a spare HDMI cable,” I replied. “I told you months ago to cancel my cable and use that money to get me the fastest internet.”

My father is a television addict.  He can’t fathom me living without it.

photo credit:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/forestwander-nature-pictures/4806771747

No comments: