Friday, December 04, 2015

And the Great Famine is Over…

CatHugs“Let me give you a big hug,” dad said as he walked through my front door as Maggie barked loudly and jubilantly at his arrival. “I have a bad cold and took it out on you.  I just don’t feel good.”

“I can’t even remember what we got in a fight over anyway,” I replied with a laugh as I gave my father a hearty pat on the back.

Dad had three grocery bags of food that my mother had sent to me.  My eyes lit up with anticipation and my stomach was eager for new arrivals as well.

“Sometimes you just have to humor your mother and go along with her OCD whims,” my father told me with a forgiving smile. “You will eat well tonight.”

We completed the medication ritual and I looked in my hand to see how many pills I take.  It’s a lot of pills. Dad then gave me tonight’s dosage of Strattera.  I am so hoping we have a repeat of last night.  I shall be the grinning bloggist before the night is over.

Maggie was next.  We fed and watered her as my father scolded me for leaving the top of the bag open again. Maggie had gotten hungry earlier in the day and I had put some more food in her bowl.

“It’ll go stale and she will not eat it anymore and that is expensive dog food,” he told me.

Photo Credit:   http://ecards.myfuncards.com/myfuncards/ComposeCard.jhtml?cardID=20074734

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Glad it turned out well with your dad....he's a tough cookie but has a soft side....sort of...haha. I doubt dogs care if food is stale.....dogs will eat just about anything....